IELTS PREPARATION ENGLISH COURSE (30 HRS)
IELTS Preparation English course
Band score 6.5-7 | 30 hours
Day + time:
Saturdays | 11:30-14:30| 10 weeks | 30 hours
Start date: 25.08.2018
End date: 27.10.2018
Price: 4,200,- nok
Karl Johan’s Gate 5 - 5th floor
This is an exam preparation course. If you are not interested in taking the IELTS exam, this is not the course for you! The goal of this course is to allow you to score 6.5 or 7 on the IELTS examination. The course is intensive and requires a lot of work. If you are not motivated or cannot commit a lot of time to self-study, please do not join this course.
You must already have B2 level English skills to take part in this course (that must be confirmed by us before you start the course). This course is not ideal for someone unless they are preparing themselves for the IELTS exam. It is also not applicable to the Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE, etc.)
You can expect to achieve the following things from this IELTS preparation course:
· To understand how the paper is composed
· To understand how each part of the paper is composed and the timing restrictions for each element
· To understand how the IELTS academic is marked and what each band level requires (using the band descriptors)
· To feel confident about the structure of your part 1 and part 2 writing tasks in the writing paper
· To feel confident about the most effective strategies to implement in the reading paper for all three texts
· To have practiced a lot and feel comfortable with the 3 parts of the speaking paper + have ample vocabulary at hand to use
· To have practiced a lot and feel comfortable with the 4 sections of the listening paper + have a strategy for answering the questions effectively
· Increased knowledge of vocabulary connected to familiar topics such as; sport, lifestyle, family, travel, education etc.
· Increased knowledge of grammar points from the B1, B2 and C1 level (e.g. continuous aspect, progressive aspect, passive, relative clauses, subordinate clauses etc)
· Increased fluency and natural pronunciation techniques to help increase coherence when speaking
These are the definitive aims of the course however of course there will be many other benefits of taking part in a professional English course of this nature.
Complete IELTS band score 6.5-7.5 ISBN: 1107625084
In order to receive the course certificate students must:
· attend 80% of all classes
· complete 80% of all homework
· get 75% or more on the final test
30 hours over 10 classes
Each class 3 hours (with a 10 minute break)
After each class approximately 1.5 hour – 2 hours of homework will be given
To register please complete this form and send it to us before August 11th 2018.
10% discount if you register before 1st August 2018